Everyone agrees that blueberries are a delicious fruit. Now, picture a recipe for delicious blueberry muffins that not only tastes great but also offers a ton of health advantages. Blueberry muffins made without adding any sugar provide the ideal sweet treat. What’s so special about these muffins? Well, they are naturally sweetened with dates, and all you need is your blender to mix them together swiftly.
Find the recipe for blueberry muffins below, and prepare to indulge in some of the most mouthwatering sweets you’ve had lately.
Recipe for Blueberry Muffins That Are Really Cool To Make
Baking may be done without using sugar in a few different ways. To sweeten baked products without the use of sugar, you can, for instance, sweeten them with maple syrup, honey, or applesauce, all of which are naturally occurring sweeteners. That’s fantastic, isn’t it?
Dates are blended with hot water and then diced before being added to the batter of these nutritious blueberry muffins. The resulting mixture has the consistency of a paste. Let’s find out what the recipe calls for, shall we?
- 1 cup of chopped dates that have been pitted (ten to twelve dates)
- ½ cup of hot water
- 1 cup of flour suitable for all purposes
- 1 and ½ cups of traditional rolled oats (or your favorite ones)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 big eggs
- 1 fluid ounce of almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 and a half cups worth of blueberries
Instructions to follow
1. Set the temperature in the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Put a half cup of water into a small saucepan and bring it to a boil while you watch it.
3. Put the dates that have been cut into a blender. After that, pour water that has been brought to a boil over the dates. The dates should be pureed after being blended.
4. Start by adding the dry ingredients to the blender, followed by the rest of the ingredients (except for the blueberries).
5. After placing all of the ingredients in the blender, continue to pulse it until the mixture comes together.
6. Using a rubber spatula, carefully incorporate the blueberries into the batter.
7. Spoon the batter into a muffin tin that has been oiled and coated with paper liners, filling each cup approximately 3/4 of the way.
8. Place the muffin tin in the oven and bake for 18 to 22 minutes, or until the muffins’ centers spring back when lightly touched.
9. Give the baked goods two minutes to cool in the muffin tray before putting them on a wire rack to finish cooling.
TIP: simply replace the flour with rolled oats in the recipe; you may also add a single teaspoon of honey to the mixture if you want them to be even sweeter than they already are.
Leave a comment below and let us know what you think of the recipe for blueberry muffins if you decide to give it a try.
What exactly is it about these blueberry muffins that make them healthy?
These blueberry muffins are healthier than your typical muffin purchased from a shop, thanks to a few key ingredients and preparation techniques. For instance, the simple fact that you skip any processed sugar and instead rely solely on dates to sweeten it is just great! Additionally, fresh blueberries contribute sweetness while also providing a multitude of health advantages.
Tiesha loves to share her passion for everything that’s beautiful in this world. Apart from writing on her beauty blog and running her own beauty channel on Youtube, she also enjoys traveling and photography. Tiesha covers various stories on the website.