Let’s face it, we all snack. It’s impossible to get through the day without snacking on something, whether it’s because you’re hungry or because food is just there and you don’t want to miss out.
How do you snack healthily? You have to be smart about it. You can’t just grab whatever is convenient for you. If you do that, then you’re going to be snacking on things that are not very healthy at all.
Here are some tips for how to snack healthily:
- Have a plan – Make sure that you have a set schedule for snacking throughout the day. That way, you won’t feel like you have to grab something in between meals just because it’s there.
- Focus on fruits and veggies – They’re healthy and they’ll keep your mouth busy while making your tastebuds happy as well.
- A good way to make sure that you are snacking healthily is to keep healthy snacks in places where they will be accessible, such as on your desk at work or on your bedside table if you tend to wake up in the middle of the night and feel hungry.
- When choosing snacks, look beyond the calories and instead focus on the nutritional value of what you’re eating. If you’re snacking on chips or some other processed food, there are going to be many more empty calories than actual nutrients.
There are plenty of healthy snacks you can munch on throughout the day. Here are some ideas for healthy snacks that are easy to prepare and store.
- Healthy Dips: These dips are great for chips or veggies. Hummus, guacamole, salsa and bean dip are all good options. You can even make your own by pureeing beans or cooked veggies with a little bit of water or oil.
- Nuts: Nuts are a nutritious snack that is easy to carry around in a baggie or container of some sort. They’re high in protein and unsaturated fats, which help you stay full longer. Choose raw nuts over roasted varieties; roasting changes the nutritional value for the worse!
- Fruit: Fruit is another nutrient-rich snack that’s also easy to pack in containers. Berries like blueberries, raspberries and strawberries are especially good because they’re small enough to eat on the run.
Tiesha loves to share her passion for everything that’s beautiful in this world. Apart from writing on her beauty blog and running her own beauty channel on Youtube, she also enjoys traveling and photography. Tiesha covers various stories on the website.